Monday, September 28, 2009

happy-to-me, babysitting, flirting, and peanut butter sandwiches

My long-awaited, highly-anticipated by so many of you... or not... happy-to-me news is...




My dead, dried up, and sadly broken coffee maker has been replaced! Yes, I know. We can all breathe a little easier now. You can all go back to your daily lives instead of wringing your hands and hoping that your children survive the terror that is A Fall And Winter In Which Candi Has No Coffee. You're welcome.



Today was the first day of babysitting Lexi. Because of a doctor's appointment for Nana, I also had Sami. Micah enjoyed the presence of two small women in the house.

Commence flirting... now.




They had a lot of fun.







Peanut butter sandwiches made a great mid-morning snack.



Although Micah thought they weren't flat enough.



This was Sami's just-woke-up face after a nice nappy. She slept on half of her face so she looked a little red and disheveled. :)





*********************************************

In other news... have you ever had a splinter... that is a hair?!? I cut Jesse's hair the other day and apparently somehow one of his hairs were sharp enough to end up in my foot! Last night I discovered my foot felt really sore when I moved it certain ways and discovered the little bugger in left foot... how weird is that? Anyway I had to take a pin and get it out much like a splinter. Except flimsy and much more difficult to grab. I'm just really glad it wasn't embedded any deeper than it was. It doesn't really sound painful but it is.

So how about the weather -- is it as nice where you are as it is here? I am not really looking forward to the cold and the early nights but gosh I love the Fall!

Well, tomorrow is gonna come early and I need to be at my best for the two toddlers I'll be chasing. Hopefully with a good night's rest, a few prayers, and about four cups of COFFEE! I'll be good to go. :)

I hope your night is a great one!

4 comments:

Amanda said...

YOur pictures are fantastic... really... you have such a great perspective and eye!!

Blessings-
Amanda

Unknown said...

Cute shots. And I can imagine the pain of a hair...probably like a papercut...ouch..

Anonymous said...

Hey, it's Kirsten from "In Walnut Grove." I love the blog and your photos.

I was literally dumbfounded by your description of your husband. It was a dead-ringer for my husband's antics as well!

It seems we have even more in common. I read a few of your recent posts and noticed that you lost a baby this past August. I lost our fourth child on July 7th, one day before 15 weeks. I documented it in my blog, heal, but I still think about it daily.

I have to run, but I'm so thrilled to meet you.

~K

Theresa said...

Hi Candi,

you left a comment on my blog (Pigtails, Patches, & Prayers) and YES you do know me from xanga- I'm sixpack7678 =]