Friday, March 20, 2009

teething, late nights, and, of course, photography!


We are up late tonight.

Micah is cutting his fourth (and final!) canine. This has been quite the battle. I'm inexpressibly glad it's the last one. He's still up and it's almost 11:30. He was in bed by nine but woke up feverish and feeling poopy. Poor dear.

For any of you who follow my new photography blog, I have taken lots of pictures recently but they've all been indoor and I'm not currently marketing indoor portraits, so I really don't want to falsely advertise.

So, my brother is no longer getting married... his ex-fiance broke it off (cruelly, brutally, and without notice... but that's a story for another blog). Aaaanyway. A handsome marine such as he will have no trouble finding a girl.

Back to happier things. Micah is almost twenty months old. Less than five months until birthday #2! I'm sure it will be Cars themed, since that's his current interest. Every night he asks for "Mae-Mer" (Mater a.k.a. To-Mater) and snuggles with him in his bed. As long as Mae-Mer and Dogggy are there, life is good and sleep is coming. :) What cuteness I get to live with!


Please ignore the girly-lookin' bedding... we are getting his Cars bedding soon.

Anyway, since I'm NOT falsely advertising, I'll show you a couple of the photos I took of Micah and Gavin (Mandi's baby for those of you who may not know) at my house, using my windows as both setting and lighting.
Gavin:









Micah:








Let me know what you think!

4 comments:

Gallagators said...

I tagged you in a blog award on my blog! www.gallagators.blogspot.com
Hope you are having a great day!

Mandy said...

Thanks for stopping by... Your pics are GREAT!!! I wish I was that Good at taking pictures. Stop by agian some time!!

Rachel said...

What kind of camera are you using? I did indoor sessions with my old Nikon D60, as long as the house had a window!

Rachel said...

Nope, I didn't use any reflectors or anything...if you look back through my older posts, all the indoor shoots were done with just window light.

Here's the two newest ones: http://rachelvanovenphotography.blogspot.com/search?updated-max=2009-04-19T11%3A14%3A00-04%3A00&max-results=3